Saturday, January 19, 2013

Music Stars and Their Real Names!

M.I.A.
The English performer's real name is Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam. M.I.A. plays on her name and the abbreviation for "missing in action." M.I.A. performed at last year's Super Bowl (and was reprimanded by Madonna for flipping off cameras during the halftime show).

SLASH
The long-haired-guitarist accompanied Fergie for the 2011 halftime show. His real name? Saul Hudson. A family friend gave him the nickname "Slash," because he was "always in a hurry, zipping around from one thing to another."

Nelly
Nelly, who performed at the 2001 Super Bowl, was once known as Cornell Iral Haynes Jr.

Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah performed at the 1998 Super Bowl in San Diego. Her real name is Dana Elaine Owens, but she found "Latifah" (which means "delicate" and "very kind") in an Islamic book of names when she was 8 years old.

Nicki Minaj
Onika Tanya Maraj is the real name of the rapper, who said she had many alter egos to avoid a chaotic home life. "I would imagine being a new person. 'Cookie' was my first identity -- that stayed with me for a while. I went on to 'Harajuku Barbie,' then 'Nicki Minaj.' Fantasy was my reality." Minaj is one of the most successful female rappers of all time, being the only female in history to have 7 songs/features in the top 10 at the same time!

[SOURCE:YAHOO]

No comments:

Post a Comment